[DeTomaso] Michelin TB5 or TB15 tires

Arjun Ghosh-Dastidar arjun.ghoshdastidar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:48:17 EDT 2015

Julian,

You need the TB5R.

The TB15 is wet weather tire - the tire life get's killed in the dry
without water to cool it off.

The TB5R is DOT legal and can handle hard drive on damp roads, moderately
hard driving on very wet roads, but will aquaplane in any kind of standing
water as most R-compound tires do.

I love my TB5Rs and highly recommend them.

Ron McCall recently purchased a set of Avon AV3101S in 10.5/23-15 A11 SLK
for the fronts and Avon AV4319S 13.0/25-15 A11 SLK for the rears from Roger
Kraus that he had them put a hand cut tread on. He thinks they are of the
same quality grip wise as the TB5R so you have another alternative if you
are open to cut slicks.

Regards,
Arjun

-------------- next part --------------
   Julian,
   You need the TB5R.
   The TB15 is wet weather tire - the tire life get's killed in the dry
   without water to cool it off.
   The TB5R is DOT legal and can handle hard drive on damp roads,
   moderately hard driving on very wet roads, but will aquaplane in any
   kind of standing water as most R-compound tires do.
   I love my TB5Rs and highly recommend them.
   Ron McCall recently purchased a set of Avon AV3101S in 10.5/23-15 A11
   SLK for the fronts and Avon AV4319S 13.0/25-15 A11 SLKA for the rears

   On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Tomas Gunnarsson <[1]guson at home.se>
     Street or track use? Do they need to be "legal" in any fashion?
     Tomas

   Which compound of the TB's is recommended or are people using? Michelin
   have the TB5R partial slick and TB15 full tread dry and I'm seeing
   references to both being used on Pantera's and GT40's.
   I need something that will work on a 12" rear and 10" wide front rim
   and there's not a lot of choice out there.
   Julian

     etc.) use the links above.

     etc.) use the links above.