[DeTomaso] Earliest known Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jul 24 00:21:59 EDT 2015

In a message dated 7/23/15 18 26 45, kirbyschrader at mac.com writes:

> 1006 used to be owned by Jack Houpe in Arkansas.
> He sold it to a guy in Florida and he thinks it is still there.
>
> It is also in the registry with pics of Jack looking considerably younger
> than he does now…
> But don’t tell him I said that…
> :-)
>

>>>I've been quietly trying to help broker its sale for over a year now.
The current owner believes that it uses a different-sized windshield from
normal Panteras (I don't happen to believe that is true, but have no way of
substantiating it).   He had it parked in his garage and a flower pot fell off
a shelf and went straight through the windshield.

The car is in pretty rough shape, as you can see in the registry photos,
but he wants an arm and a leg for it.   So negotiations have cooled down of
late, as the would-be buyer isn't interested in overpaying for it.

I hope to have news of its successful sale in a year or so?