[DeTomaso] NPC: 4 post car lifts

bflesland at gmail.com bflesland at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 19:15:56 EDT 2015

Thanks to all of you for chiming in with great info.
Arjun, can you perhaps suggest a lift with mechanical locks?

Being a novice with auto lifts, I need to collect some basic info before a purchase.
Looking to buy 2 lifts, so not that keen to cough up $6k total...

Perhaps of importance here is that they will be used for storage/stacking only, so I don't need them to be of "workshop" quality as they will not be in daily operation.

I found this info/guide which is interesting:
http://www.bendpak.com/blog/top-10-guide-to-car-lifts/

And this study/compare:
http://www.bendpak.com/a-study-in-lift-design/Direct-Lift-vs-BendPak/

What do you guys know about the Direct Lift?
It might be a good option as Julian suggests!
http://www.directlift.com
http://www.directlift.com/Four-Post-Lifts-C9.aspx

Direct Lift are ALI/ETL approved according to their website. Would you say that's mandatory?
http://www.directlift.com/Certification.aspx

Cheers Bjoern

> Den Jul 20, 2015 kl. 22:05 skrev Arjun Ghosh-Dastidar <arjun.ghoshdastidar at gmail.com>:
>
> I have 2 Bendpak HD9 lifts for over 5 years and couldn't be happier.
>
> While the Backyard Buddy has its fans, it is not ALI certified (whereas the Bendpak is - if you have an accident and your lift is not ALI certified, you're going to have issues with your insurance claim) and their foot print is bigger than other lifts so you cannot have two lifts installed side by side in a regular 20' wide garage.
>
> Only downside to the Bendpaks is that you will need access to an air compressor to operate the air locks on the lift. If you don't have an air compressor, you may want to look into a lift with mechanical locks.
>
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Michael Shortt <michaelsavga at gmail.com> wrote:
>>    I think that you should spend a little more and get a Backyard buddy.
>>    Michael Shortt
>>
>>    On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:54 PM, [1]bflesland at gmail.com
>>    <[2]bflesland at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>      Hi guys,
>>      I am looking for a 4 post car lift so I can park and store 2 cars.
>>      One car on the lift and one parked under the other car.
>>      Any recommendations?
>>      Realize there are several on eBay around $1600-1700.
>>      Cheers Bjoern
>>      etc.) use the links above.
>>
>>    --
>>    Michael L. Shortt
>>    Savannah, Georgia
>>    [5]www.michaelshortt.com
>>    [6]michael at michaelshortt.com
>>    912-232-9390
>>    This email is protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy
>>    Act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally
>>    privileged.A  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
>>    notified
>>    that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
>>    communication is strictly prohibited.A  Please reply to the sender that
>>    you
>>    have received this message in error, then delete it.A  Thank you
>>
>> References
>>
>>    1. mailto:bflesland at gmail.com
>>    2. mailto:bflesland at gmail.com
>>    3. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>>    5. http://www.michaelshortt.com/
>>    6. mailto:michael at michaelshortt.com

   Thanks to all of you for chiming in with great info.
   Arjun, can you perhaps suggest a lift with mechanical locks?
   Being a novice with auto lifts, I need to collect some basic info
   before a purchase.
   Looking to buy 2 lifts, so not that keen to cough up $6k total...
   Perhaps of importance here is that they will be used for
   storage/stacking only, so I don't need them to be of "workshop" quality
   as they will not be in daily operation.
   I found this info/guide which is interesting:
   [1]http://www.bendpak.com/blog/top-10-guide-to-car-lifts/
   And this study/compare:
   [2]http://www.bendpak.com/a-study-in-lift-design/Direct-Lift-vs-BendPak
   /