[DeTomaso]   Am I smokin' crack

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 18:35:35 EDT 2015

In a message dated 7/22/15 15 24 59, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> IIRC, you are so close it can bite you.
>
> The headlight motor and geardrive are mounted to a plate, and the plate
> mounts to the inner fender.
>
> Unbolt the plate and the whole assembly should easily come out through the
> wheel well.
>
> If I’m wrong, someone will correct me .. and I’ll be wiser.
>

>>>Yup!   You hit the nail on the head.

When in doubt, RTFM.   The removal/installation procedure, w/diagram, is
spelled out on page 32-02-03.   The only thing left unsaid in the procedure is
that it's easiest to withdraw the assembly down and out through the
wheelwell, rather than taking it out from above as you might expect.

It's a piece of cake, as long as the tiny (3mm?   4mm?) limit switch
mounting bolts don't bust off.   Even then, it's easy to get it out, but then you
have another repair job to attend to....