[DeTomaso] Pantera Air Cleaner

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Wed Jul 22 08:13:13 EDT 2015

Dear Mike,

                I read the SpeedTalk Engine Tech website.   I used to
have the K&N X-streme top on both of my engines' air cleaners.  Then I
noticed at least two discussions on Engine Tech that dealt with the dyno
proven HP reduction when using them.   The HP loss was 6-9 HP verified
by different engine builders on different dynos on different engines.
I suspect that although the concept is appealing, the loss may be due to
turbulence above the carb.  In any event, the X-Streams are boxed up and
I now use conventional shiny simple chromed K&N air cleaner tops.......
X-Stream.  A good idea, that somehow doesn't work.

                           Warmest regards, Chuck Engles