[DeTomaso] Pantera Air Cleaner

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 23:38:22 EDT 2015

In a message dated 7/21/15 19 17 30, spkorb at gmail.com writes:

> I think these still work.  Just soda blast it and paint it and it should
> work fine.  It's what I use.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/351C-4V-FORD-AIR-CLEANER-MUSTANG-COUGAR-TORINO-1969
> -1970-1971-1972-OEM-SNORKEL-/261952724657
>

>>>The stock setup isn't very sexy-looking, but it does afford the
opportunity to (as the factory did starting in 1973) set up a cold-air intake hose
into the front of the snorkel.   The problem with the open round air cleaners
is that they feed the engine super-heated ambient air from the engine bay.
 One of these air cleaners with a hose leading down to fresh air would
alleviate that problem--which was Ford's idea.