[DeTomaso] Detomaso GTS Graphics

Ed Mendez edducati at mac.com
Sun Jul 19 16:37:57 EDT 2015

Just an interesting story.

Back in 2004 I bought a brand new MV Agusta Brutale 750s. after a few months I noticed it was still smoking a bit, brought it to the dealer several times, they said at first; its just the rings seating, but after 3000 miles? So when they pulled it apart, they noticed two of the four oil rings were upside down. They fixed it all for free not problems.

When I went to the Cagiva Factory in Varese in 2007 for a private tour (in which I met Claudio Castiglioni), I realized why possibly.

In the engine assembly plant they built the Husqvarna engines from 8-12, then in the afternoon, they built the MV Agusta engines. They drink wine at lunch!!! I found my answer. :-)

Pictures here, very interesting:

http://www.desmoto.com/Desmoto/MV_Agusta_Factory_Tour.html

Enjoy!

Ed