[DeTomaso] GT40/Pantera/Flared-out Mangustas

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Sat Jul 18 15:12:09 EDT 2015

_OMG what did they do to a Goose!!!!????_
Cut their value in half is what they did, among other things.   To my
eyes, both of these Mangustas look like a bear taking a dump.
 Sent using Hushmail
On July 18, 2015 at 12:44 AM, "Charles McCall"  wrote:That Mangusta
looks a lot like Roland Bohner's Goose, but a different color.
It resembles his so much that at first I thought it was his. So there
are at
least 2 out there...

Roland Bohner started 30 years ago with basically the firewall of a
completely wrecked Mangusta and little else. Al Gore hadn't invented
the
Internet yet, so he used a couple of photos from old magazines as
reference,
and hand-built his car. He filled in the gaps in the photos with
creativity.
I wasn't so sure about the car when I saw photos, but in person it is
amazing. The interior is as wild and fascinating as the exterior

The fact that it is powered by a twin-turbo 351C instead of a 289 or
302 is
also rather interesting. The stock Mangusta is one of the most
beautiful
designs to ever see the light of day. The "Group 4" Mangustas aren't
"pretty" cars, they are aggressive, impressive cars that never fail to
draw
a reaction.