[DeTomaso] Commingle 10x15 taking orders in September!!!

Ed Mendez edducati at mac.com
Sat Jul 18 01:19:30 EDT 2015

Here is what one of my Facebook friends just said to me:

Bob Fuji <https://www.facebook.com/robert.simpson.35380?fref=ufi> Wow, I always wondered why someone didnt do this, outstanding. I am assuming these will be milled/machined aluminum and available in Argent Silver or polished?
35 mins <https://www.facebook.com/groups/305681189562337/permalink/666783790118740/?comment_id=666855076778278&offset=0&total_comments=3&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R1%22%7D> · Like <https://www.facebook.com/edducati#> <https://www.facebook.com/edducati#>
 <https://www.facebook.com/edducati>
Ed Mendez <https://www.facebook.com/edducati> No Bob these will be in forged magnesium just like the originals. Let me know if you want some. smile emoticon Giuvann Sturla Pierluigi <https://www.facebook.com/giuvann.brambillafumagalli?hc_location=ufi>
24 mins <https://www.facebook.com/groups/305681189562337/permalink/666783790118740/?comment_id=666857580111361&offset=0&total_comments=3&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D> · Like <https://www.facebook.com/edducati#> <https://www.facebook.com/edducati#>
 <https://www.facebook.com/robert.simpson.35380?fref=ufi>
Bob Fuji <https://www.facebook.com/robert.simpson.35380?fref=ufi> Hot Damn! I'll have to see what they would look like on a stock Pantera before I pull the trigger. I like the stock sizes but as stated, old Mags can be sketchy. I have a new set of refurbed rims that I planned on putting on my car when it is finally redone but the thought of running 40+ year old rims is disturbing. Thanks for the post, very good info.
19 mins <https://www.facebook.com/groups/305681189562337/permalink/666783790118740/?comment_id=666860030111116&offset=0&total_comments=3&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D> · Like <https://www.facebook.com/edducati#>

> On Jul 17, 2015, at 21:33, Ed Mendez <edducati at mac.com> wrote:
>
>   I believe magnesium strength is in its surface and when it starts to
>   corrode it looses its safety margin. From my own experience racing
>   motorcycles and using magnesium wheels, I would never use magnesium
>   rims older than 15 years for racing. Why do you think Patrick Hals uses
>   new Marvic Gr4 wheels on his race car? The surface material after years
>   of humidity will start corroding because the magnesium is "living".
>   Even well painted wheels after 3 to 5 years; the paint starts flaking
>   off.
>
>   If I were going to spend $3000 - $4000 for a set of two 40 year old
>   magnesium 10x15 wheels, I would damn sure have them X-rayed or ZYGLO
>   them first, and then have them recoated just to make sure you protect
>   the surface. Then yeah they should be fine.
>
>   I tried to find a a used set myself, kind of difficult so for me
>   personally I am going to buy new for $3000, and call it a day.
>
>   My opinion. Anyone want to back me up? :-) lol
>
>   Ed
>
>   On Jul 17, 2015, at 19:20, Yahoo via DeTomaso <[1]detomaso at poca.com>
>   wrote:
>
>   Sorry Ed,
>   But I call sales hype BS here. I have owned 2 Panteras dating back to
>   1976. Never have heard anyone mention "aged" magnesium rims shattering.
>   That includes owners of other classic Italian clad Campy cars.
>   If it is true of these wheels shattering why are Grp 4 Panteras racing
>   with these time time bombs today. I would think that they would be
>   banned.
>   I think you are just a wee bit caught up in the euphoria of these new
>   reproduction wheels.
>   Sent from my iPhone
>   use the links above.
>
> References
>
>   1. mailto:detomaso at poca.com
>   2. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com

   Here is what one of my Facebook friends just said to me:

     * [1]Bob Fuji Wow, I always wondered why someone didnt do this,
       outstanding. I am assuming these will be milled/machined aluminum
       and available in Argent Silver or polished?
       [2]35 mins . [3]Like
     * [BUTTON] [4]Ed Mendez No Bob these will be in forged magnesium just
       like the originals. Let me know if you want some. smile
       emoticon [5]Giuvann Sturla Pierluigi
       [6]24 mins . [7]Like
     * [BUTTON] [8]Bob Fuji Hot Damn! I'll have to see what they would
       look like on a stock Pantera before I pull the trigger. I like the
       stock sizes but as stated, old Mags can be sketchy. I have a new
       set of refurbed rims that I planned on putting on my car when it is
       finally redone but the thought of running 40+ year old rims is
       disturbing. Thanks for the post, very good info.
       [9]19 mins . [10]Like

   <[1][12]detomaso at poca.com>
     1. [15]mailto:detomaso at poca.com
     2. [16]mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com