[DeTomaso] GT40/Pantera

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 19:09:57 EDT 2015

Mikael, I understand  …  exactly … what your point is.

While we as a Family are exceedingly open to modifications in all aspects of a Pantera, there does seem to be an unspoken,
undefined tip-over point where a question of WTF enters into the discussion of heavily non-stock cars.

Tony's GT40 car is one of those cars. Certainly not the only one, though.

And it doesn’t take a massive list of changes to elicit the WTF response. I think most of us see a Chevy engine swap as an automatic WTF change.

Or a gawd-awful, funny-themed or just bizarre paint treatment can take a otherwise totally stock car into that WTF realm.

How about the one recently offered for sale with the Bora dashboard?

In private, small group conversations I usually find most other owners share similar “that went too far” guidelines.

I’ve seen Tony’s car in real life and talked with Tony about his build. As has been mentioned, the vision was great and the craftsmanship is certainly admirable. Paint is awesome.

Did it belong as a Profiles centerfold?

Moot question at this point.

Don’t want to see it happen again with a car that sets off the WTF alarm??

Well……………..

If we all send Editor Mike photos and text about our own cars, the odds are future centerfold cars will not be as heavily modified as Tony’s.

Larry