[DeTomaso] 351C Water Pump

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Fri Jul 17 10:29:35 EDT 2015

I had a bit of a déjà vu moment when I read this e-mail.  Heck - soooo many suppliers are selling "import" parts, just putting their name on them.  In my recent experience there was the new, hi volume Edelbrock water pump that had coolant and grease drooling out its weep hole, or the Comp Cams roller hydraulic lifters that wouldn't hold pressure.  I fear we all have to be aware that even the "name" probably-Chinese parts we are buying may well be crap.  All I can say is I am glad we found the lifter problem on the dyno rather than in the car.  And that it was the builder who had to get in Comp Cams face rather than me.

Stephen Nelson