[DeTomaso] 351C Water Pump

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:30:43 EDT 2015

I had a Milodon, which is virtually identical to a Flow Kooler.  I liked
it.  Very light.  I believe it is injection molded or maybe it¹s called
die cast vs. sand cast.  At any rate, the surface is very smooth, and the
aluminum is thinner, which means it is lighter.

I switched to an Edelbrock.  At the time, I had a problem with cooling,
and I thought the problem was the Milodon.  I later discovered that I had
installed the driver¹s head gasket backward (one of my many bonehead
mistakes - yes, I know how the gaskets go - and I also know you don¹t do
all-nighter assembly jobs).

I like the Edelbrock more.  The Milodon is lighter, which is good, but the
Milodon feels too light.  The Edelbrock feels more sturdy, and if I recall
correctly, the impeller seemed better in the Ed.  I don¹t think you can go
wrong with either one, though.

With the new non-name-probably-Chinese pumps, I¹d be more worried about
the bearings and seals.