[DeTomaso] NPC best valve cover gaskets?

The Hougans hougan at verizon.net
Tue Jul 14 21:36:00 EDT 2015

FWIW, I just finished a rebuild on a 5.7L Chevy and used the Fel-Pro silicone gaskets on both the valve covers and oil pan.  I used nothing, nada, zilch on either surface (wiped down both with acetone); just bolted 'em together.  About 1500 miles on the new motor and not a drop anywhere :)
I, too, would NEVER use cork; impregnated, or not.

I use the rubber composite style.  I avoid the cork and rubber impregnated cork like the plague.

Last time I installed them I used sealer on one side to the valve cover, and based on recommendations from others on this list I used Vasoline on the head side.  I've not seen any leaks and they are easy to remove.

Asa Jay

Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks