[DeTomaso] Cracked Dash

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 23:53:11 EDT 2015

Apparently you need #7 plastic.  The plastic should have a #7 on it.

Here is a youtube that explains it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39vncP3BGQ

Here is the post where I first saw it.  Search for “acetone”.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/667516-The-Saga-of-the-Dinged-Up-Dodge

Since I don’t have Legos anymore, I’ve been looking for some #7 plastic.
When I glued my crack, it left a small gap, because the plastic oozed out
a bit, and since I didn’t add any filler, there’s a very small crevice.
Not a big deal, it seems to be much more workable than superglue.

And for all of the Larrys in the room, when you decide you want to glue
your crack, make sure you have plenty of filler.

BTW, I think this might work with ether too.  I’ve been using small
amounts of ether to remove the glue on the dash.  Some of the cracks are
already welded pretty tight.  I never sprayed it on the dash.  This was
just from ether on a micro fibre towel.  Once I’m done with the main
crack, I’m going to take a better look at the rest.