[DeTomaso] Update 10x15 Campagnolo Pantera GTS wheels

Richard Greenblum Richard at richardgreenblum.com
Thu Jul 9 16:18:00 EDT 2015

I met one of the highest ranking Pirelli guys in the US a year or two ago at
COTA.  I asked him about making 15 tires again to support Panteras,
Lamborghinis, Porshes, etc.  He said, ³It¹s not going to happen.  We know
there are a lot of you out there, but it would cost far too much to do it.²
He explained that the old molds won¹t work, they have to start from scratch
and redesign the tires to be safe and comply with current requirements.  He
said the numbers aren¹t even close to being financially feasible.  Maybe
things have changed, but I doubt it.  I don¹t know what kind of deals they
make with celebrities like Chip Foose, or how Coker decides what to have
made.  Many of us have tried to get Coker to make them, but they¹ve refused.

The only tires that appear to be available now are from Avon and maybe
Dunlop through distributors in Europe.  I don¹t know of any tires still
available here, even with an ³H² speed rating, but I could be wrong.  I have
spoken with a couple of guys running the Avons and they liked them better
than the Euro T/A¹s and other tires we¹ve been stuck with for years.  I¹m
running on 8 and 10 inch Campys, and am on my last set of 305/50-15s.  Avon
or Dunlop are up next for my car.

Richard
Austin, TX
7080