[DeTomaso] Adding sucker fans

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 5 21:53:47 EDT 2015

Mike, do you recall the setting for your fan switches?

If you don't mind the opinion of someone who hasn't driven a Pantera in 30
years...
I think the fan switch should be about 20F (maybe even 30F) than the
thermostat AND be in the radiator outlet.  Thus for a 190F stat, the fans
should keep the returning coolant about 170F (160F)and cut off once there is
road speed air flow.  With the original vertical radiator baffling, both of
the switches were in the outlet and set for 15F and 30F below the 190F stat.
with the horizontal baffle the lower switch would always run the fan as it
was in the radiator inlet
Joe / 5177