[DeTomaso] Adding sucker fans

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sun Jul 5 11:33:11 EDT 2015

Well, one project always leads to another......

Last weekend I wet blasted the front 1/3rd and trunk of 1488. With the
surface painted with self-etching primer and hood off, I am going to pull
the radiator and replace the coolant pipes. While I have the radiator out,
I plan to tilt the radiator all the way down and add sucker fans.

My radiator input and output tubes take a 90 degree upon leaving the
radiator and extend towards the middle. The tubes would be in the way of a
fan mounted on the back. I've never heard anybody mention this issue.
Laying forward will require new mounts be welded in reverse configuration,
but do I just cut the elbows on the back of the radiator to remove the 90
degree turn? How do you add a flair to secure the hose?