[DeTomaso] Brake vacuum source

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 22:39:23 EDT 2015

Hi Robert,
I don't expect that your new engine is so radical that you need a vacuum pump. You should have plenty of vacuum for your power brakes.  Incorporating an electric vacuum pump may be adding unnecessary complexity to your car.  What carburetor are you using?  Is it a Holley?
Holley Avenger carburetor's have a vacuum port for power brake vacuum that comes off the base of the carb.  See the attached image I just copied from the Holley Avenger instruction manual.

Cheers!Garth