[DeTomaso] Vacuum pump

rcbsons1 at aol.com rcbsons1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 18:02:07 EDT 2015

Had a vac pump on my firebird but it
burned itself up in less than a couple of months
So I just drilled and tapped the manifold, put in a bung,
ran it to a small holding tank, put in a check valve
and ran that to the power booster

My Firebird has a 750 lift solid roller cam and
before that had a 773/775 lift cam with no issues
If your cam is bigger than that then maybe your
case would not work

Pantera just has a plate under the carb that I
drilled and tapped a bung on with no tank and
it works fine.. sometimes when first starting
and cold it takes a minute or two to get vac a going
But that car only has a baby cam... 650 lift flat tappet solid
lifter cam

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera