[DeTomaso] Brake vacuum source

Robert Stroj npdrs at maui.net
Thu Jul 2 14:11:06 EDT 2015

Hi Mike,

Yes, it is a high single plane manifold with no provision for vacuum; I was
also told by engine builder that cam spec I got would not really provide a
sufficient vacuum and I would be better off using the vacuum pump..

I thought that there should be a good solution to be used on track/street
car; aren't they various modern cars (in particular turbo diesel) that use
electric vacuum pumps for this purpose?

Would I need additional vacuum reservoir or not?

Would be nice to find all-in-one solution that includes reservoir (if
needed), pump and a vacuum controlled switch.

Thanks, Robert