[DeTomaso] NPC: Love your country

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Fri Jan 30 09:00:25 EST 2015

Well, at least appreciate that you don’t live in my country

Article in the newspaper, car section. Ford will bring the new Mustang here,
sell it fully supported from Ford dealers etc. Good news. And then the
article says that fortunately for local buyers Ford intends to price it low
and sell many instead pricing it high and only sell a few. Even better news.
And then they mention a price example: The smallest V8 with the Performance
Package, the minimum any enthusiast would buy, price: $110-120k.

Yes, here in Denmark a car has to include Customs (7-10%) and VAT (25%)
obviously, and then up to 180% registration tax on top. Yes, we end up at up
to 3x the normal price. My daily driver I bought used 1½ years ago, a 2006
Cadillac STS V6, that cost $150k when new.

And yes, my family and I have tried to move to the US, but apparently US
Immigration prefers illegal immigrants on welfare, instead of people like us
with proper jobs. Go figure

Mvh/Regards

Mikael

(The 180% does not apply to cars more than 35 years old, or I would not be
able to buy my Pantera, Longchamp and Camaro)