[DeTomaso] Rear Brake Vent - additional pictures

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:06:31 EST 2015

Thanks for the clarification, Julian.  Dan

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I am aware of the IPSCO solution, which is a step above the 'silly kart
> things' as I was thinking more of the cheaper variant Wilwood spot
> calipers;
>

> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-120-1360?seid=srese1&gclid=CPTwyq6BusMCFQcyaQodox0Aqw
>
> There is a requirement in the UK MOT test for the handbrake to bring the
> rear wheels to a stop against the force of a rolling road and without a
> certain level of  imbalance between sides. I wsa trying to convey (poorly)
> that I don't think many of the options owners revert to in the US would
> meet the demands of the test, and I think that might include the OEM setups
> in many US based Pantera's.
>
> Julian
>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:42:06 -0600
> From: daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
> CC: detomaso at poca.com
> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Rear Brake Vent - additional pictures
>
> > not the silly kart things people put on to feel like they have a handbrake
>
> Do you mean:
>
>  http://www.ipsco.org/Pantera%20Parts/parkingbrakekit.htm
>
> That looks like it would work as well as many OEM set ups I've seen.  Some
> of those are simply tiny mechanically actuated drum brakes that use the
> inside of the hub as the braking surface.
>
> Dan Jones

   Thanks for the clarification, Julian.A  Dan

   <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

   Dan,
   I am aware of the IPSCO solution, which is a step above the 'silly kart
   things' as I was thinking more of the cheaper variant WilwoodA spot
   calipers;
   [2]http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-120-1360?seid=srese1&gclid=CPT
   wyq6BusMCFQcyaQodox0Aqw
   There is a requirement in the UK MOT testA for the handbrake to bring
   the rear wheels to a stop against the force of a rolling road and
   without a certain level of A imbalance between sides. I wsa trying to
   convey (poorly) that I don't think many of the optionsA owners revert
   to inA the US would meet the demands of the test, and I think that

 [5]http://www.ipsco.org/Pantera%20Parts/parkingbrakekit.htm

That looks like it would work as well as many OEM set ups I've seen.  Some
of those are simply tiny mechanically actuated drum brakes that use the
inside of the hub as the braking surface.

Dan Jones

   subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links
   above.