[DeTomaso] Rear Brake Vent - additional pictures

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:29:17 EST 2015

It seems to be a problem particular to N. America, I would not recommend a line lock system to anyone and in Europe where there are annual inspections such would be illegal. Thus, there are a number of aftermarket brake caliper options that incorporate a mechanical handbrake or viable independent calipers that will hold a car against a rolling road force (i.e. not the silly kart things peope put on to feel like they have a handbrake).

IMO HiSpec make some great brakes http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/

It always stumps me how folks will spend $$$ on go faster parts with nary a care for how they are going to stop again!

In today's world an electric actuating handbrake is also a viable option, albeit for compliance it still has to be mechanical actuation holding the disc, not hydraulic.

Julian