[DeTomaso] New Member looking for perfect 1971 Red/Black Pre L Pantera

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu Jan 29 01:09:49 EST 2015

I love looking at great art!
Thanks for the pictures; they are stupendous.  You do great work.
You will find the folks in the Pantera community are the nicest, most giving bunch of individuals you'll ever meet.  When I joined the club back in 2006, I was astounded at how much help I received from the other club members.
In fact, the car I bought had a slow leak in the gas tank, so I almost didn't buy it when I found out the motor and transaxle had to be removed to get to the tank.  The club members laughed at my hesitation and assured me they would help with the chore.
True to their words, after I got the car, about 8 guys showed up and spent all day taking out the engine and transmission--for pizza and pop!  Then, after engine repairs they all showed up and put it all back together again.  Not only was it a great learning experience for me, but it demonstrated camaraderie as I've never seen before, (with the possible exception of church).  I guess there are similarities--sometimes driving a Pantera can be a religious experience!
I remember after the ordeal of getting the engine out some of the guys' shoes were ruined due to the oil that went everywhere.  They wouldn't accept cash to help pay for new shoes, so I ended up sending them gift certificates.
Anyway, you'll be amazed at the help you'll get before and during your Pantera ownership.  If you're ever near Tacoma, please let me know and we can go to a Starbucks for a Venti, mocha Frappuccino made with Breve, double-blended, two packs of sugar added, whipped cream blended in and on top, extra chocolate and four pumps of vanilla added.
You should try it--it's definitely high-octane...:)
Sincerely,
Chris