[DeTomaso] First drive of 2015, new thermostat?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 20:43:28 EST 2015

Mike,

Let's check something before turning wrenches.

If you spilled overflow coolant, and you are running a stock and correctly plumbed system, that means your pressure tank and the overflow tank were both full.

Did you top off or fill the coolant system prior to your drive? If so, how full did you fill the larger, overflow tank?''

My ideal is a little less than half full.

If you fully filled that tank, of course coolant will spill when you shut down a hot engine. Hot water takes up more volume.

Hoping this is the easy fix.

But I am kinda with you, sounds like the stat.

Swapping stats is a PITA job.

Larry