[DeTomaso] Former owner looking for his Pantera... (block number 3439)

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 15:18:35 EST 2015

Forum members,

I frequently receive requests from former owners as to the whereabouts of their old De Tomaso.

The more information (and photos) they can provide the better I can help.

About 2-3 weeks ago it was for Pantera 3210, the original owner that had sold her to John Holman (of Holman & Moody).

This request is a little more challenging.

The former owner has located the foot box VIN plate from his old Pantera which he would like to reunite with the car.

However, he can not remember the VIN, and the ID plate he found

is stamped with the motor (block) number 3439.

A search of the registry (by block number) did not locate this Pantera.

Thus this is an example of the importance for everyone to save the "number details" of their car.

This include the motor/block number, ZF number, BSN (Body Service Number). etc.

Wouldn't you like to hear from a previous owner, looking to re-match your missing VIN plate to YOUR De Tomaso?

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/Unknown1105/Unknown1105.asp

As you review this car, note that she has the (USA) L front bumper replaced with Euro-L eyebrow bumper style,

the stock Campagnolo wheels look polished, probably Mind-Train / Hall exhaust, some trim blacked-out,

and the commonDe Tomaso plate on sway-bar mount area.

Does anyone know the mirror type?

Note also that these photos date back to between 1981 and 1984.

Do you recognize your car?

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp