[DeTomaso] New Tires a Challenge - Part Deux

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Sat Jan 24 17:49:45 EST 2015

If this discussion is centered around tires for narrow bodied cars, I do not believe there is a SINGLE matched set of street tires in the factory-correct sizes (225/50-15 and 295/50-15) for 8 and 10” wheels with the possible exception of Avons. If you have a wide-body then the P-Zeros are an option, but the ONLY one, I believe.

If someone is aware of a matched set of tires in those sizes, please enlighten me as my current set are getting a bit hard now. I do not want to run “race” tires on the street.

Surely whichever tire manufacturer re-pops tires in our sizes is going to sell a decent volume given the pent-up demand and nonexistent options. Heck, I’d be happy of we could just get BFG to re-run the 225/50-15 Radial T/As to match the 295/50-15s that they haven’t YET discontinued (although the writing might be on the wall there too).

I will soon also need a fresh set of tires for my 17” “dress” wheels and am frustrated that I can’t find matching fronts and rears anymore in the sizes I prefer (245/40-17 and 335/35-17). Based on this thread I should jump on anything that I can find.

Thanks,

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com