[DeTomaso] New Tires a Challenge

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Fri Jan 23 07:23:02 EST 2015

I have or had all three, my poor car has 5 sets of shoes.
The everyday around town tires are the P Zeroes, they simply look amazing
at 335 with little yellow logo that matches the car. They also cost a
bloody fortune so I do not abuse them.
The tires used for The Tail of the Dragon and Track Days are the 315
Kumhos, very sticky and honestly the smaller sizes handles much better,
they are less costly and have an agressivevlooking tread pattern. I had
Michiclen P2 in 335 on the car when I bought it, they are great tires and
make lots of smoke when doing burnouts, I  don't do those any more. I also
have two sets of dual slot campys, one unmounted and one with old
Continental and my Concours toys, Single slot camps with just this side of
totally unsafe Arrivas ( which are installed onsite, I will not drive on
them.

If money is not an issue and you little stance of Monster tires with the
yellow logo, P Zeroes.
If hauling ass and carving up roads and race tracks and money is tighter,
Kumhos ( softer compound)
Dunlop used to make the SP8000 series in 335, check on those.
I wouldn't put Goodyears on a little red wagon pulled by blind donkey used
to collect bottles along an abandoned road.

Michael Shortt