[DeTomaso] Fuel Pump Tiny URL

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Jan 20 19:43:22 EST 2015

All,

I was asked by a member how Tiny URL works.

It is an Application you download to your computer.

It is designed to be placed in your bookmark toolbar, which is where I have it.

For a short, but randomly generated Tiny URL, I just click the toolbar bookmark while I'm on the page I wish to share. It will take that window to Tiny URL where it displays the randomly generated Tiny URL. A simple highlight and copy and you have the Tiny URL ready to paste into your email. Back-click and you'll return to the web page.

If you want a custom Tiny URL, such as I created for the fuel pump, it takes a couple more steps.

While on the target web page, highlight and copy the entire URL as it shows in your browser window. THEN, click your Tiny URL toolbar bookmark to get to the Tiny URL website. On that page, in addition to the randomly generated Tiny URL, there is another box to fill in. It needs the looong URL you just copied pasted in, AND then there is a second box for your custom Tiny URL, which is your chosen suffix for the base URL, http://tinyurl.com/

As in -

http://tinyurl.com/351C-fuel-pump

A too common custom suffix will often not be available, such as "fuel-pump" Just try again while making it more specific.

VERY easy once you have placed it in your bookmark toolbar.

For details, visit, wait for it ....... http://TinyURL.com

Larry