[DeTomaso] NPC: Wining about getting old

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:14:29 EST 2015

Agreed.

I get tired of the people begging on the street corners.  The other day I
saw a kid begging - in normal street clothes.  He wasn¹t homeless.  He
just wanted money.  He must have been 16.  It really turns me off the way
society has become.

So last week, I was at a red light, and a guy walked up with his hand out.
 Without thinking, I shaked my head no.  And then I realized that this guy
had one leg.  He had crutches, which is fairly common, but his right leg
ended just below the hip.  It made me feel small (to not give him
something), and then very fortunate (for what I have).

The light turned green, so I left, did a U-turn, and caught up with him.
I apologized, and gave him some money.  That¹s when I noticed that he also
had a deformed stomach.  It looked like he had been in a bad accident.  I
don¹t care if he¹s lazy, on drugs, or if his condition was his own fault.
It doesn¹t matter.  A guy with that many problems deserves all the help he
can get.