[DeTomaso] NPC: Wining about getting old

Konrad Szwab kszwab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 09:34:50 EST 2015

For me the old Soviet method of having a nice natural layer of dirt on
myself works great for protection :)

Konrad

-------------- next part --------------
   For me the old Soviet method of having a nice natural layer of dirt on
   myself works great for protection :)
   Konrad

   On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Stephen <[1]steve at snclocks.com> wrote:

     OUCH!A  I can recall when additives were being introduced to
     gasoline to keep fuel injectors clean.A  Whilst there was a time
     long ago that I could work with gasoline and not have skin problems
     if a little got on my hands, with the intro of some really extreme
     solvents I found that any exposure resulted in a pretty immediate
     eczema.
     Over the years I have become pretty religious about having gloves
     on.A  I feel now that a slight exposure doesn't trash my skin, but
     much more and I am seeing pretty ugly fingers.A  I do find that the
     thicker gloves - like 9 mil nitriles, really, really last a lot
     longer than the 6 mils.A  This helps a lot to minimize those
     unexpected leaks.
     Hang in there Sean.
     Stephen Nelson
     I know I know.A  At 49 I'm just a youngster and welcome to the club
     and all.
     But this is really humiliating:
     Every time I touch the guts of a car I get a rash.A  Engine, brakes,
     window regulators, you name it.A  I use mild non perfumed detergent
     and soap and I am otherwise completely coddled but this angry rash
     appears with brake fluid, oil, grease and general filth gets on my
     hands.A  It's like poison ivy and it takes weeks for it to go away
     using prescription steroid cream.
     I have two boxes of 100 count x-large Nitrile gloves strategically
     placed and a complement of several dozen cotton Jersey gloves handy
     and I *still* either forget to put them on or some procedure needs
     an unsheathed hand.
     It's making me reconsider my hobby that I have relentlessly pursued
     since I was at least 11.
     I just wanted to vent a little.A  Thanks everyone for being here as
     few people could understand why it is important for me to have a
     direct contact with my automobiles.
     sean
     --
     Sean Korb [4]spkorb at spkorb.org [5]http://www.spkorb.org
     '65,'68 Mustangs,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera
     #1382 "The more you drive, the less intelligent you get" --Miller
     "Computers are useless.A  They can only give you answers." -P.
     Picasso
     etc.) use the links above.