[DeTomaso] NPC: battery charging question

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Jan 14 02:54:01 EST 2015

Yes and no. If you connect two batteries in parallel, one with 90% of
its charge left, one with 10% left, they will not receive an equal
amount of current. The battery with the lower charge will get the
majority and as it builds up its charge the current will shift away from
it to the battery with higher charge. Eventually it will hopefully even
out but with batteries in parallel you will not get all of them fully
charged. This is probably not a major issue but good to know. If Larry
has gotten away with charging a single 0.8 Ah battery with his 1.5 A
charger until now, charging any number of the same type batteries in
parallel won't make anything worse at least.

Tomas