[DeTomaso] Angled Master Cylinder? Also request for front trunk    picture

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 17:09:57 EST 2015

In a message dated 1/7/15 11 26 15, scott at saccrestorations.net writes:

> Stock pedals will not adjust to get the pedals as close to the floor as
> the spaced out pedal assembly will get you.
>
>>>True--but the point is, I think the spaced-out pedals will enable you to
go much too far, so then you have to adjust the pedals closer to the
driver, negating the gains associated with installing the spacer.   FWIW I just
checked in my car, with a stock clutch master, and measured the clutch pedal
less than 1/2 inch from the floor when fully depressed, and I still have
adjustment left and could have it closer to the floor if I wanted to.   I wonder
if the clutch effort reduction kit makes a difference?

> >Not sure why Dan's hits the hood as there are a lot of folks that have
> spaced their pedals forward without an issue.
>
>>>My brake master cylinder (typical vendor aftermarket solution using a
spacer/adapter and a stock Ford master) lightly kissed the underside of the
front trunk lid until I massaged the clip that holds the cover on the
reservoir.   If I spaced it forward, there is no way the trunk would close.

> >The most common spacers are 1.5 inches thick.
>
>>>I honestly don't see what the benefit of this would be.   It would
probably allow hood clearance if a stock brake master cylinder was used, but the
pedals would wind up being in the same position as they would if they were
just adjusted further out with the stock system?   However, if the front of
the cockpit was cut apart at the front edge of the floor and bent forward
(from the pedals down), and then a strip of sheetmetal was welded in to
lengthen the front of the floor to make up the gap, THEN spacing the pedals forward
would make sense.