[DeTomaso] Lori's engine exploded!

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:55:18 EST 2015

It was my impression that the very early ³D² blocks had a slightly lower
deck height, with the later ³square² blocks being different.

I don¹t know that to be fact.  That¹s just what I think is correct - key
word is ³think².

The D vs. square refers to the area just in front of the driver¹s head.
The early blocks have a raised portion that resembles a D - about the size
of a nickel.  The later blocks have a raised portion with a small square -
a little smaller than a dime.

I know the D2AE blocks are square, and I¹ve heard that the 1970 blocks
were all D-blocks.  I believe the transition occurred sometime in 1971.