[DeTomaso] Instrument Lights Upgrade

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:41:46 EST 2015

> I am installing four cam all alloy cobra engine. Good luck Zompano

Let us know how that goes.  I've got a 98 Cobra Mustang DOHC engine for one
of my long term projects (1956 Ford F100) and a similar MkVIII engine (with
some Cobra and FRPP bits) for another project (1963 Ford Thunderbird
Roadster clone).

> The generator lamp is part of the charging system and should not be
replaced with a LED.

Thanks Tomas.  I will skip replacing the gen lamp (and probably the turn
signals, hi beams).

>  I went with the green LEDs (BA9s-G4 Green LED bulb)
>
> Go with green bulbs. White will be too bright, and tend to cast a bluish
tint on the gauges.

I'll go with green as well.

> I modified my tach and speedo years ago by adding more bulb sockets.

I'll check the local sources for additional snap-in sockets.

Thanks guys,
Dan Jones