[DeTomaso] Instrument Lights Upgrade

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 10:32:47 EST 2015

I've been searching old forum email for info on the instument bulb upgrades
from superbrightleds.com (I drive by the place on the way to work).  I'd
like to do all the instuments, including adding bulbs to the tach and
speedo.  From what I gather, the part numbers I'm looking for are:

For the center instrument panel:
 194 LED Bulb - 1 SMD LED Wedge Base
 Part Number: WLED-WHP

For the generator, heater, turn signal:

 194 LED Bulb - 6 LED Wedge Base
 Part Number: WLED-NW6

For the tach and speedo the part number mentioned was BA9s-x-WV but I can
find no match.  When I search on BA9S on the  superbrightleds site, I get
11 different part numbers with multiple option on beam angle and voltage.
The best matches appear to be:

 BA9s LED Bulb - 4 LED (13 lumens)
 Product Code: BA9S-x4-x-xVAC

 BA9s LED Bulb - 1 LED Wide Angle (8.5 lumens)
 Product Code: BA9s-x-x-xVAC

 BA9s LED Bulb - 1 LED (3 lumens)
 Product Code: BA9s-x-xVAC

Assuming I want the brighter 13 lumens part number (correct me if I'm
wrong), 12 volts AC/DC and a white bulb, there are two beam angle choices:
BA9S-W4-32-12VAC (32 degrees) or BA9S-W4-90-12VAC (90 degrees).  Which is
preferred?  Also, what's involved with adding the extra bulbs to the tach
and speedo?

Thanks,
Dan Jones