[DeTomaso] DeTomaso brand for sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Feb 28 21:03:38 EST 2015

In a message dated 2/28/15 13 15 11, jjdetrich at gmail.com writes:

> I seem to remember that Wilkinson and Mr. Detomaso had bought the rights
> it sometime last year?
>

>>>It's my understanding that Wilkinson owns the "Pantera" name worldwide.
 I'm also led to believe that when Rossignal (sp?) purchased the rights to
the De Tomaso name, there was a clause in the contract that said that if he
didn't produce cars for sale to the public within five years, ownership of
the name reverted back to the De Tomaso family.   That time came and went
with no cars produced.   So while it's possible that somebody is angling to buy
the name from somebody else, it's likely that the seller doesn't actually
have legal rights to it anymore, unless the seller is a born De Tomaso?

Could be wrong on that--that's just what I've heard here and there....