[DeTomaso] Cruise Control on your Pantera?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 14:29:58 EST 2015

I just stick with the right seat cruise control, never fails to warn me when my speed creeps up :)

From: charlesmccall at gmail.com
To: detomaso at poca.com
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:45:14 +0100
Subject: [DeTomaso] Cruise Control on your Pantera?

A few years ago I asked the question on this fórum regarding who had
successfully installed Cruise Control on their Pantera. Every year we take
the car on at least one rather long road trip that involves hours and hours
and hours of highway droning, and I’d be interested in having one to make
those trips a little more bearable. There is the added advantage that with
ever-stricter and ever more expensive speed limit enforcement, I can avoid
accidently having my speed creep up and getting an expensive souvenir while
on vacation. This year we’ll be taking the Pantera on a little jaunt from
Spain to Sweden and back for example.

In the past, a number of people mentioned that they were happy with an
Audivox CCS-100 unit. I bought one about 5 years ago and installed it but
could never get it to work. The self-check lights all indicated that it was
installed correctly, but it never did operate. I decided that either I had a
defective unit or it wasn’t strong enough to pull against the double
throttle return springs I have installed and let it slide.

I’m thinking about tackling the subject again and am wondering what the
latest and greatest product is? What have people successfully installed and
what are people happy with? Do you have double throttle return springs?

Thanks all!

   I just stick with the right seat cruise control, never fails to warn me
   when my speed creeps up :)
A few years ago I asked the question on this forum regarding who had
[...]

   by POCA Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes DeTomaso mailing
   list DeTomaso at poca.com