[DeTomaso] Pantera fixing

rcbsons1 at aol.com rcbsons1 at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 12:01:51 EST 2015

It seems like these old cars just need a little
attention in fixing them.. When something is broken
and nags you for a long time and you finally fix it
It is rewarding especially if you can repair it verses
just buying an new part

Been working on my Firebird for the Optima Challenge
this weekend fixing some things that have been broken
for many many years

Replaced the brake pads with a softer compound B-20
Wilwood pads.. the rears are a disc brake off brand conversion
and the Wilwood pads were too thin so after talking to my
buddy Rich I made some shims and glued them in.. now it
seems to be working good

So I am reading on my Lateral g forum and some of those
guys are running carbon brakes... ZR-1 packages on 69 or 70
Camero's... one of the engineers for GM is giving advice as
to how to tune the ECU for the brakes.. guess my shims
are really old school...

Bob Benson