[DeTomaso] Unhappy motor - looking for suggestions

Andy May andymay24 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 04:54:06 EST 2015

Yes occasionally even the stock duraspark type system fails (so I'm told)
but if it does, parts are cheap as chips and readily available.

Mine still runs the original duraspark II it came with though I've modified
the advance curve to suit my rather non-stock motor. Show's a clean pair of
heels to cars loaded with all the whiz bang gadgets down my local dragstrip
and then reliably cruises me the 100 miles or so home :-)

I find it interesting that on my trip from England to Modena last year
(3000 miles going the scenic route), the only bit of the ignition system
that failed me was the Mallory coil..... I tossed that an put back the ford
duraspark one and we were back on our way.....

Andy
On Feb 23, 2015 8:57 AM, "Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso" <detomaso at poca.com>