[DeTomaso] Size of Sports Cars

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 18:09:22 EST 2015

I think it's for practicality more than any other reason.  That is, to hold
3200lbs of safety equipment, crash protection and a modicum of comfort and
room to fin a person in the car as well...

Go big.  Strangely the big ones handle almost as well as the small ones and
can cope with an enormous amount of horsepower.  It's like driving a very
very agile tank that crumples all around the safety cage on impact.  An
engineering triumph to be sure.  But there's no grace to it.  Just brute
force.

Safety be dammed.  I'm trimming my fleet to one truck, one nice 3100lb car,
2 2500lb cars and the rest better be under 1500lbs or there's gonna be
trouble!

And if I'm ever in an accident, there just might be trouble.

sean

--
   I think it's for practicality more than any other reason.A  That is, to
   hold 3200lbs of safety equipment, crash protection and a modicum of
   comfort and room to fin a person in the car as well...
   Go big.A  Strangely the big ones handle almost as well as the small
   ones and can cope with an enormous amount of horsepower.A  It's like
   driving a very very agile tank that crumples all around the safety cage
   on impact.A  An engineering triumph to be sure.A  But there's no grace
   to it.A  Just brute force.
   Safety be dammed.A  I'm trimming my fleet to one truck, one nice 3100lb

   On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 4:53 PM, JEFFREY COBB <[1]jeffcobb1 at me.com>
     People get fatter, "mine is bigger than yours" and the need to
     improve and change always adds mass that plays into the answer for
     your question.
     Only would Colin Chapman and Gordon Murray say otherwise.
     New generation people assume radical change will always happen
     overnight.
     Jeff Cobb
     Cell [2]225-907-4514

   <[3]detomaso at poca.com> wrote:
   >A  A This is true for all cars.
   >

   >A  A The current M3 and Audis make my '95 M3 look like a compact car
   and the
   >A  A current mid-engine Ferrari makes my Dino look like a toy or
   kiddie car.

   >A  A I don't know why manufacturers have to keep making everything
   bigger.
   >A  A Because it sells, I suppose.
   >

   >A  A -----Original Message-----
   >A  A From: Michael Shortt <[4]michaelsavga at gmail.com>
   >A  A To: detomaso <[5]detomaso at poca.com>
   >A  A Sent: Sun, Feb 22, 2015 1:29 pm
   >A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Size of Sports Cars
   >A  A Hey, Does my Pantera make your Ferrari look fat?
   >
   >A  A Michael

   use the
   > links above.
   >
   > References
   >
   >A  A 1. mailto:[8]DeTomaso at poca.com

     etc.) use the links above.

   use the links above.

   --
   Sean Korb [14]spkorb at spkorb.org [15]http://www.spkorb.org
   '65,'68 Mustangs,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera
   "Computers are useless.A  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso