[DeTomaso] Fuse box questtions

John Donahue demongusta at me.com
Fri Feb 20 20:58:38 EST 2015

All mighty gurus - I have my original fuse box. It has 12 fuses. They are colored black, blue, and red. I am looking at the cover plate which describes the fuse # and what it references. #1 is left light/warning lights - #2 right light, etc. I am assuming the A15’s refer to the amperage (i.e. 15 amps) Judging from what I am looking at, the 15A fuses are to be in the #1 and #2 spots, and 8A fuses in #3 - #6; #7 & #8 are 15A, while #9 - $12 call for 25A. I found the fuses in a local auto shop, but the colors are a little different. The 8A’s are white/cream, the 15A’s are red, and actually 16A (according to the stamp on them) and the 25A’s are blue. As you can see, I do not have the right set-up. I have 40A’s in #9 - #12. I don’t know what amperage is in #1, since the “fine-print” on the back is stamped “MTA”, whatever that means.
So I thought I would entertain any and all ideas regarding this case. It all started as I try and figure out why my high beam does not work. I can see on the fuse box that there is a delineation of “low beam” - but not “high beam” - any ideas?
John

   [cid:B51C48A3-DC30-45C9-B5AF-C823887B7F16 at attlocal.net]