[DeTomaso] Headlight Bucket Studs

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 11:14:22 EST 2015

I have my headlight buckets off to modify for the Cat Eyes, and on one, two
of the studs are snapped off and on one of the two remaining, the threads
are rusted to near useless.  Questions:
Are the original studs welded in place?
Are studs with the broad, flat head such as those available, and what are
they called so I can do an online search?  Do the vendors have them?
If I were to drill out the old studs and put new ones in, would it be best
to have them welded in?
Or, what metal adhesives might be recommended to use to secure the studs to
the bucket without my having to find a welder to do that?

Thanks
Mike Thomas
Pres., Panteras Northwest
Yellow '74 #6328