[DeTomaso] Pantera Back in the News Again on Top 10

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Feb 12 16:04:37 EST 2015

I had a 240Z in college and to this day wish I still had it despite the
broken frame, rust that I fixed along the way, and leaking front cowling
and hatch.

The car was a blast to drive and was reliable enough to get me through
school. My two prior cars were a V-8 Monza and a 351-C Torino, so I did
miss the power but loved its simplicity and reliability.  Back then my
dream was to drop a V-8 in it when i got out of school but instead I bought
a Porsche and sold it.

Was it the ultimate high-end sports car.  Heck no, but I sure looked
forward to driving it.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

-------------- next part --------------
   I had a 240Z in college and to this day wish I still had it despite the
   broken frame, rust that I fixed along the way, and leaking front
   cowling and hatch.
   The car was a blast to drive and was reliable enough to get me through
   school. My two prior cars were a V-8 Monza and a 351-C Torino, so I did
   miss the power but loved its simplicity and reliability.A  Back then my
   dream was to drop a V-8 in it when i got out of school but instead I
   bought a Porsche and sold it. A
   Was it the ultimate high-end sports car.A  Heck no, but I sure looked
   forward to driving it.

   Rob DuMoulin
   904.476.8744
   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
     I am not trying to be critical or argumentative.
     I am just interested in the reasoning.
     I owned a used 1965 mustang fastback 289 4 speed when I was 17 years
     old.
     My neighbor owned a brand new 240Z.
     He really liked the car.A  I drove in it and even drove it. Better
     fit and finish. Better balance and easier to drive on winding roads.
     I found it to be so underpowered that it was boring compared to my
     mustang.
     You had to man handle a Mustang in turns, but over it was more fun
     and would eat up the 240Z except in a parking lot race track.
     What am I missing?A  Is it the feeling of a better balanced car?
     <[5]detomaso at poca.com

     wrote:

     A  A
     [1][6]https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/the-10-old-cars-turning-into-co
     llect
     A  A able-classics-in-2015-1423589548-slideshow/
     A  A Ok I own two of the most collectible classics
     A  A Jim