[DeTomaso] Pantera Back in the News Again on Top 10

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 13:01:14 EST 2015

In a message dated 2/12/15 9 50 42, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> What am I missing?  Is it the feeling of a better balanced car?
>

>>>Yup.   I just got done taking my track-prepared Miata out for a
backroads thrash.   It's got 120 horsepower on a good day, but it's an absolute
delight to drive, flat-out everywhere, with an engine that happily and quickly
zings to redline, sublime handling and brakes, the best shifter feel of
anything made, etc. etc.

My brief moments spent driving a 240Z showed me many of those same traits,
combined with the beautiful noise of a straight six (reportedly much of the
design was cribbed from the Jaguar 3.8/4.2 engine, which is one of the
all-time greats), a timeless body style, additional practicality due to its
larger size, etc.

Of course, I love beating on my Shelby GT350 too.   It's a completely
different kind of experience from the Miata, Pantera, or Cobra.   That's why I
have a big garage. :>)