[DeTomaso] Amerisport quad light kits

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:42:53 EST 2015

I got the original 90mm Quad eyes for the '74 when they first came out and Kirk brought a few sets to the Vegas Fun Rally. I then saw the later 60mm version on Alex's Group 4 on the PI forum and got a set of those for the GT5. That set opens 3 inches, super low profile and is IMO is a very complimentary look on the more modern GT5 body style. Kirk will do them with a round or oval face plate, I went for oval. I wondered about the quality of light from the smaller units, but glad to say it is every bit as good as the 90mm. I did have to install a bump stop for the lights to open against as I found with the super stiff spring rates I run they had a tendency to bounce on rough road surfaces.

Julian