[DeTomaso] [SDP] Extremely Important Vote for POCA

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 18:12:40 EST 2015

Larry,

Ed wrote; "The way the by-laws read now, you have to have a majority of votes by POCA members in good standing, that means to change anything now we need 500+ votes, but with this new article 10 not only will it allow electronic voting, but future votes will be by POCA members as a majority of votes cast."

So I read that as a move away from a majority of the POCA membership required to pass a by-law amendment vote i.e. 501 out of a 1000 membership to the last portion of the paragraph whereby futue votes "will be by POCA members as a majority of the votes cast" so if only 100 votes are cast the majority carries at 51.

One can argue that if you don't vote you don't get your say, but POCA has a history of sending these amendemnts out snuck in a Newsletter with short deadlines for voting, so I believe there would need to be other language to the amendment to ensure that all resaonable efforts are taken to inform POCA members of a propsed change and enable each to cast a vote. Obviously the ability to cast a vote electronically greatly aids in that regard.

Or we could juxt go a an Electoral College voting system so CA gets by far the largest say!

Julian