[DeTomaso] ommission - ZF gear oil weight

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 13:00:36 EST 2015

In a message dated 2/9/15 19 09 10, robertgarven at earthlink.net writes:

> Just curious what all you guys are using in your ZF’s!
>

>>>I don't have a highly religious opinion of one brand over another,
although I do insist on reading the manual and following their guidance to use
GL5.   I'm also a bit skeptical of synthentics in applications that didn't
originally call for them.

Most gear lubes come in one-quart containers which are very awkward to use.
  As the ZF uses almost a full gallon, for the sake of convenience I like
using Sta-Lube/CRC which comes in a one-gallon jug.   You can get an
accessory pump which attaches to the bottle and allows you to fill it quite easily.

http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/product_detail.aspx?id=SL2473

http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/product_detail.aspx?id=SL4344