[DeTomaso] Bassett D hole wheels

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Tue Feb 10 11:22:06 EST 2015

Jegs has a number of the D hole wheels on sale for $56.00 shipped.
Unfortunately they are not quite the same as the Bassett in design of the D.

Called Bassett to verify part numbers and wheel sizes for the narrow
body and GT5 style wheels.  Their prices went up in December so that is
a big part of the dependency that I had mentioned earlier.

Bryan at Bassett said that a GT 5 set of wheels in 15x10, ET 22.5, BS
4.62 and 15x13, ET 37.5, BS ?  were not available with the correct back
space offset.  He gave me part number for the narrow body D hole wheels
in 15x8  ET 20mm, BS 135mm (closest offset BS 4.75, moves wheel .6 in
outside) and 15x10 ET 5mm, BS 135mm, (closest offset BS 5.5).  I thought
that some one here on the list had ordered a set a few years ago and
Bassett painted them gold at no extra cost.  They were just considered a
special order.  Bryan said they didn't have gold paint and never would
have done that.  I also tried to get him to meet Jegs' price but no go
there.

Anyone order any recently?  Any fitment concerns??

Thanks in advance,
jerry knotts