[DeTomaso] Old School Koni Shocks

Ian Hannington ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 06:20:29 EST 2015

About ten years ago I bought a set of used original Koni's.  I ended up
going with different shocks and these have been sitting around since.  I dug
the out the other day and noticed that the part numbers indicate that I may
have two pairs of fronts.  The pair that came mounted with front springs are
marked 82-1701 SP1 and the rears are marked 82T-1701 sp1.  I thought the
rears were supposed to be 82-1601.

So the questions are, what do I have? And what is the difference between the
front and rear shocks? Could a "front" shock be used on the rear?

Thanks,

Ian